Women Veteran Health Expo
March 15, 2018
8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Samford University School of Business
800 Lakeshore Drive
Birmingham, AL 35229
Are you a military woman or woman Veteran?
Do you serve/care for military women or women Veterans?
Then this Expo is for you!
Come hear from women Veterans and experts in the field as they discuss the following topics:
- Women Veterans' health needs
- Re-intergration challenges
- Suicide prevention
- Violence against women Veterans
- Chronic pain/chronic narcotics
- Stress Effects
- Stress Management
Why the Women Veteran Health Expo?
- Increase the awareness of women Veteran issues
- Learn about what works well and what doesn't in our state
- Discuss what changes are needed to improve the health of women Veterans
What will it offer?
- Presentations and panel discussions from women Veterans and experts in the field
- Exhibitors with free resources, information and education
Who will be there?
- Military women
- Women Veterans
- Social workers
- Clinical and administrative leaders
- Community liaisons
- VA medical centers
- State health departments
- Veteran Service Organizations - INCLUDING SSV!
- Nonprofit and community agencies
- AL Department of Veterans Affairs
- and more...
Who are organizers and supporters?
- Birmingham VA Medical Center's Women's Health Program
- Alabama Department of Mental Health
- Alabama Department of Public Health
- Disabled American Veterans
Where can I park?
Registration will be accommodated on site from 7-8 a.m., but pre-registration is suggested.